Colonel (ret.) Ralph D. Thiele
- Chairman “Politisch-Militärische Gesellschaft” (Political-Military Society), Berlin, Germany
- CEO of StratByrd Consulting, Andernach, Germany
In four decades of politico-military service Colonel (ret.) Thiele has gained an extensive broad political, technological, academic and military background. Ralph Thiele has studied business administration (MBA) and political science in Munich.
In several commanding officer assignments he has developed valuable operational expertise. As Commander of the Bundeswehr Transformation Centre he has introduced Network Enabling Capabilities into the German Armed Forces. While serving in the personal staffs of the German Armed Forces Vice Chief of Defence Staff and the NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, and in the Planning and Policy Staff of the German Minister of Defence, Ralph Thiele has been directly involved in numerous national, European and NATO strategic, technological and political issues.
In his academic assignments he has been Chef de Cabinet and Chief of Staff at the NATO Defense College in Rome and Director of Faculty at the German General Staff and Command College in Hamburg. He has also been involved in numerous national and European Security Research Programmes.
Ralph Thiele has published plenty of books and articles and is lecturing with a remarkable global reach on current comprehensive security affairs and network enabling technologies.
- Foreign, Security and Defence Policy, Defence Planning, Defence Industrial Base
- Comprehensive Security including Situational Awareness, Critical Infrastructure, Maritime Domain Security, Event Protection, Energy Security, Disaster Response, Cyber Security, Border/Coastal Security
- C4ISTAR, Information and Communication Technologies, Airborne Capabilities, UAS, Modelling & Simulation, Space Awareness
- Network Enabled Capabilities, Armed Forces Planning, Procurement, Industry Policy, Offset
- Security Research, Security Policy, Innovation Policy
- Adult and Post Academic Education
- Market Research, Business Development, Governmental Relations, Concept Development, Lead System Integration
- Political-Military Society, Berlin, Germany
- German Atlantic Association, Berlin, Germany
- Defence Science Board to the Austrian Minister of Defence, Vienna, Austria
- Advisory Board Journal for Foreign and Security Policy, Cologne, Germany
- Advisory Board German Employer Association, Wiesbaden, Germany
- Speaking engagements in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Cologne, Copenhagen, Geneva, Hamburg, Lima, London, Kuala Lumpur, Munich, Naples, New York, Paris, Rome, Sao Paolo, Seoul, Stockholm, Ulaanbaatar, Tokyo, Vienna, Washington
- Cooperation Ventures with CSIS, Washington; Center for Transatlantic Relations, Washington; RAND, Washington
- Government Consultancy in Austria, Germany, Mongolia, Peru, Switzerland
- Industry Consultancy for global market leaders, Consortium Consultancy
- Security Research in Austria, Germany and for the European Union
- Film Consultancy