Sayed Ghoneim, PhD, MG(Ret.)
Chairman IGSDA (UAE), Visiting Scholar in International Relations & International Security in several countries, (Egyptian)
Sayed Ghoneim is Chairman, Institute for Global Security & Defense Affairs (IGSDA – Online) – Abu Dhabi, UAE
Executive Director, Potensia systems Security Equipment Trading L.L.C, Dubai, UAE
Senior member of the Advisory Board of “Program of Master of Security Studies and Information Analysis” at American University in The Emirates (AUE).
Ghoneim is the Author of the book “Fingers Are On The Triggers”, which is issued in Arabic and English languages, and is being translated to Chinese and Japanese languages. It’s also planned to be updated and published in Spanish and French languages in 2022. To see the English version abstract: https://igsda.org/?p=4134
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Fields of research & lecturing
- International relations & international security.
- National security & strategic defense.
Regions of interest
- Middle East & North Africa (MENA).
- Horn of Africa (HoA).
- Central Asia.
- East Asia.
- Contemporary regional issues.
- Strategies and policies of the influential countries.
- Strategic rivalries between the great and regional powers in the area of interest.
- Geopolitical Transformation in the Middle East.
- Terrorism and violent extremism.
- The relationship between Indo-Pacific and the Middle East.
- The global grand initiatives in 2000- 2020.
- Evolution of wars (Other faces of war).
Activities and contributionsGhoneim is a visiting scholar and guest speaker to;
- Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo.
- The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ).
- China-Arab Research Center on Reform and Development, Shanghai.
- China Institute For International Studies.
- National Defense University, Taiwan.
- Taiwan Center for Security Studies (TCSS) at National Chengchi University (NCU), Taiwan.
Institute of Middle East Studies, Hankuk University, Seoul, ROK.
- Belgian Royal Military Academy, Brussels.
- NATO School Oberammergau, Munich.
- NATO Defense College, Rome.
- International Press Club, Madrid.
- Defense University of Honduras (UDH).
The Middle East:
- Wollongong University in Dubai.
- College Of Security And Global Studies (CSGS) at the American University in The Emirates (AUE), Dubai.
International Organizations and Strategic HQs
- The U.S. Central Command (Tampa, FL).
- European Union Military Staff HQ (Brussels).
- NATO Joint Force Command (Naples).
- National Institute for Defense Studies (NIDS), MoD, Tokyo.
- Maritime Command & Staff College (Tokyo).
During the first quarter of 2022, Ghoneim will participate in planned academic and research activities at University of Victoria (UVic), British Columbia – Canada, as well as in the Canadian International Council, Victoria BC branch.
Ghoneim is a monthly article writer in the national newspapers and magazines in Egypt, and author of the book ‘Managing Defense in Democratic Society’.
ExperiencesDuring his long service in the the Egyptian Armed Forces;
Locally, he occupied several command & staff jobs in fields of intelligence & information, planning & operations, training and education. His last position was Director of Planning and Operations at (strategic department level) of the Egyptian Armed Forces.
- Senior National Representative of Egypt to the U.S. Central Command HQ (Tampa, Florida).
- Chief of Staff at the UN Mission in Nepal (UNMIN).
- Peacekeeping and humanitarian aids missions in Western Sahara and Rwanda.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Faculty of Commerce and Political Science, Port Said University, Port Said, Egypt.
- Fellowship Degree in Strategy and Security Studies, Nasser’s Higher Military Academy, Giza, Egypt.
- Diploma, Political Science (Defence Diplomacy and Security Studies), RMCS, Cranfield University, England, UK.
- M.Sc. in Military Science, General Command & Staff College, Egypt
- B.Sc. in War Studies, Faculty of Science, Baluchistan University, Quetta, Pakistan.
- Command & Staff College Certificate, Army Command & Staff College, Quetta, Pakistan.
- B.Sc. in Business Administrations, Faculty of Commerce, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- B.Sc. in Military Science, Military Academy, Cairo, Egypt.
Social mediaYouTube Channels (2 channels): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVPxvtKwLrgvQ5FaJ_fryA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AyazplPsYRkDpyTl1HalA LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sayed-ghoneim-03b34a47/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Sayed.Ghoneim Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChairmanIGSDA
Some of Ghoneim’s publications
- Society of Security and Diplomatic Policy Studies (SSDP), June 2020: Strategic Paper: “Rivalries in the Middle East in New Security Dynamics”
- NATO MARITIME INTERDICTION OPERATIONAL TRAINING CENTER, Issue 11, 2nd Issue 2015 ISSN: 2241-438X: NATO Maritime Interdiction Operational Training Center: “Maritime Terrorism The Threat to the National Security of the Middle East”
- JIME Center, the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan, April 2020: “The Evolution of the Regional Political and Security Interactions and Competition in the Middle East”
- Daily News Egypt, 23 January 2017: Future impact of superpower and regional power states’ national security strategies on the Middle East
- Daily News Egypt, 17 January 2017: “Superpower and regional power states’ national security strategies”
- Daily News Egypt, 17 July 2017: The 6th military coup d’état in Turkey: reasons and results
- Daily News Egypt, 17 May 2016: Part 1: It was the only world power and today it seeks to regain its regional power
- Daily News Egypt, 04 June 2016: Part II: It was the only world power and today it seeks to regain its regional power
- Press interview with Gen. Sayed Ghoneim: Egypt’s biggest threat is inability to accept, apply international standards, laws, http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/11/23/egypts-biggest-threat-is-inability-to-accept-apply-international-standards-laws-ghoneim/
- Article 1: The ‘New World Order’ and the current super-power states http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/12/09/the-new-world-order-and-the-current-super-power-states/
- Article 2: The Wrong Solution http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/12/21/the-wrong-solution/
- Article 3: The Middle East Between Facing Threats, Challenges and Hope for the Stability http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/03/20/410641/
- Article 4: Part 1: It was the only world power and today it seeks to regain its regional power. http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/05/17/part-1-sovereignty-world-power-and-seeking-to-restore-regional-power/
- Article 5: Part 2: It was the only world power and today it seeks to regain its regional power. http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/06/04/part-ii-world-power-today-seeks-regain-regional-power/
- Political & security analysis 1: Our nuclear weapons will only be used as a ‘deterrent’: North Korean Ambassador to Egypt http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/01/09/our-nuclear-weapons-will-only-be-used-as-a-deterrent-north-korean-ambassador/
- Political & security analysis 2: NATO invitation to Montenegro provokes Russia http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/12/07/nato-invitation-to-montenegro-provokes-russia/
- Political & security analysis 3: True impact of JCPA and Iran’s nuclear program http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/01/26/true-impact-of-jcpa-and-irans-nuclear-programme/
- Political & security analysis 3: The changing of the American policy towards Egypt and The Middle East http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/05/14/shoukry-kerry-discuss-bilateral-relations-and-regional-affairs/Executive Director, Potensia Security Equipment Trading L.L.C, Dubai, UAE